Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 10

I spent the majority of this week planning for my recruitment event. The event will be held this Saturday at Sunrise Mountain Library. I will hopefully be able to recruit Peoria teens to join Bloom365 in an effort to help end teen dating violence. On another note, I am able to see that most teens are unaware of the current health  issues through my survey. Students are scoring the best on the rape and consent section.  This trend should be a sigh of relief, as rape is unfortunately something teens need to be aware regardless of their decision on sex. However, most teens have failed the section regarding STDs which is extremely alarming, as almost all teens have listed physical contact (kissing, hugging, and touching) as a component of dating. Therefore,  these teens are wildly susceptible to potential STDs. About 30% of teens have responded that they plan on having sex (or already having sex), despite this, most survey-takers continue to fail the section regarding pregnancy. I will have to wait to make further conclusions, but for the most part current legislation has failed to educate Arizona teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment