Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 9

While I continue to collect data from my survey, I am also planning a recruitment event for my internship. The entire premise of Bloom365's education model predicates itself on peer education. Therefore, we often spend time reaching out to teens who may be interested in becoming peer educators for our program. Next week, I will be at Sunrise Mountain Library with high schoolers in the Peoria area. The recruitment event will center around advertising our summer camp and discussing our current curriculum. On a different note, my current survey results have shown that most survey-takers know the most about the issues regarding rape and consent. However, most people fell behind when it came to questions regarding STDs and Pregnancy.  Thus, my model curriculum will most likely center around pregnancy and STDs. This upcoming week, I will continue to work on collecting data and constructing my curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment