Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 12

After talking with State Senator Mendez, it seems as though there is hope for health education in Arizona.  In 2016, Mendez proposed a renewed health education bill to the state legislature that would completely overhaul the previous bill. Mendez's bill would require factual and medically accurate information, student participation, and inclusion of proper methods of contraception. Even though, the bill failed Senator Mendez told me that he would be presenting the bill again next year. He even invited me to work with him over the summer on promoting and revising the bill. I am extremely excited for the opportunity, as hopefully I will be able to use my research to help change health education in Arizona! I encourage anyone who is reading this to keep an eye out for the "Healthy Youth Act" (SB1020). This act could help change the future of health education in Arizona for the better. I am excited to present all of my findings at my presentation this Saturday. Thank you to everyone who followed me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment