Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 11

With my survey finished, I have begun to look at the data for trends. I was not able to make an conclusions regarding the effectiveness of Health Education vs. Abstinence Education, as most survey-takers put that they have not received any health education. However, I can conclude that Arizona has not been able to successfully educate its teens about health issues. After collecting 72 surveys,  50% of survey takers claimed that they planned on having sex or were already having sex. However. the majority of people failed the two sections regarding sex. Moreover, 92% of survey takers claimed that they thought physical contact was a part of dating, but the majority of people failed the STD portion of the survey. I am starting my final project this week, as I now have sufficient data to construct a curriculum. Next week, I will be calling a state senator to discuss the current status of health education in Arizona.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment