Sunday, February 19, 2017

Week 1

If there is anything that I have learned already from doing a senior research project, it is that some people simply won't understand the topic which you are researching. Just as some of my friends with STEM related projects lose me after a mere five minute conversation about their project and research, some people wonder what is the purpose of researching of health education in Arizona? Unfortunately, I don't have a witty and succinct answer to this valid question, so I often get flustered, and launch into excessive, yet passionate rants. Often times, I feel as though I am a crazy person attempting to explain figments of my imagination to a sane person. However, after meeting the people at Bloom365, I no longer felt crazy. It was a great relief to finally meet wise and mature adults who shared my beliefs about health education. Donna and Lisa introduced me to their program and organization, and I was immediately impressed. In hindsight, I maybe shouldn't have routinely interrupted their presentation in order to say some variation of "Wow, that's awesome", but that's truly how excited I was to see successful and compassionate health educators in a state where the concept of health education is virtually nonexistent. We ended the meeting by discussing when I could start working with them. They invited me to their first formal presentation of their curriculum in downtown Phoenix on Wednesday the following week. For the rest of this week, I will be reading some academic research and articles, while also getting acclimated to their online office space on the app, Slack. To say the least, I am extremely excited to start working with Bloom365.

No comments:

Post a Comment